Public speaking is a fear of many people. They let nervousness take control of their mind and body, and their message is lost. Knowing what is causing the fear is key to addressing it.
The three areas that cause nervousness are:
- Self – the pressure we put on ourselves to perform
- Situation – what is riding on the presentation
- Someone else – the pressure your colleagues put on you to perform
Managing your nervousness is about managing different areas:
- For the self, it’s about managing the physiology and psychology.
- For the situation, it’s about managing expectations of yourself and others.
- For the someone else, it’s about managing the relationship.
Identifying what is causing your nervousness is key to providing the right solution to the problem.
As always, I would love your thoughts on this, leave a comment below in the comments section.